Education changes lives and those lives change the world. At the University of Montana, we see it daily. Our students, who come from every conceivable background, embrace challenge, grow as individuals, and, ultimately, thrive. The Investing in Student Success initiative is your opportunity to spark in others the kind of passion that led you to a rich and rewarding life.
This initiative builds on the University’s strategic plan to provide an unparalleled student experience. Investing in Student Success goals include:
Competitive scholarships and fellowships for:
• Recruiting the top students from our region.
• Students with financial need.
• Upperclassmen and graduate students in the schools and colleges.
• Talented student-athletes.
• Students who followed the UM-recommended college prep curriculum.
Support for innovative programs, including:
• Opportunities for students to increase their cultural understanding and ability to lead in today’s global society.
• The Davidson Honors College — already a magnet for the best students in our region.
Creating a more dynamic learning environment through these facility improvements:
• A state-of-the-art Learning Commons in the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library.
• New, improved weight room and locker rooms for student-athletes.
Opportunities to explore abound at UM, and we will be able to offer more of them with more private support. From laboratory research to field experiences — internships to studying abroad — studies beyond the classroom often define a student’s life.
We are building an athletic program that is second to none. Our student-athletes compete, study and participate in community service. Through the guidance of exceptional coaches, Grizzly student-athletes develop character and create a high-energy backdrop for the experience of every student on campus.
The UM experience is truly transformative. We envision dramatically improving the University’s ability to attract the top students in Montana and our region through more scholarship support. Then, every talented student will have the support to join us in this dynamic learning environment. As people who love Montana, going for the pinnacle of success is what we do and who we are. We invite you to continue that great tradition.
Royce C. Engstrom
President, University of Montana
President and CEO, University of Montana Foundation