Davidson Honors College
The Davidson Honors College serves as a center of excellence in undergraduate education to foster intellectual and civic values, challenge highly motivated students, and provide an intimate learning experience comparable to a small liberal arts college within the context of the larger university. More than 600 students representing all majors across campus are enrolled, and Honors courses are limited to 20 students. The College offers enrichment opportunities such as undergraduate research, internships and study abroad.
Points of Pride
- The Davidson Honors College organizes the annual UM Conference on Undergraduate Research, which provides a forum for more than 150 students to present their research and creative scholarship.
- The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities accreditation team recognized the Davidson Honors College for its quality and responsiveness to students.
- The Office for Civic Engagement, a program of the Davidson Honors College, offers numerous service opportunities for students.
UM Foundation Support
- Every summer, the Davidson Honors College organizes the Kermit and Kathleen Schwanke Honors Institute, enrolling 40-50 high school students in college-level courses. UM Foundation funding provides support for student scholarships, faculty stipends and co-curricular activities.
- UM Foundation funding enables students to take their learning abroad with opportunities like journalism internships in Nepal, the Fulbright Summer Institute for Undergraduates, serving with non-profits in Uganda and more!
- The UM Foundation provides funding support for the Global Grizzlies, a student organization based in the Davidson Honors College. Recently, ten students traveled to India to provide medical assistance as humanitarian ambassadors from the University.
To make a gift to the Davidson Honors College, please complete the form below.
To find out how to support the Davidson Honors College, contact Chelsea Spreeman, Director of Development, Davidson Honors College and University Initiatives.