Alexander Blewett III School of Law
The Alexander Blewett III School of Law at the University of Montana is one of the premier regional law schools in the nation, and also one of the smallest. With a selective enrollment of approximately 250 students, the School is noted for its innovative Professional Skills curriculum, as well as degree certificate programs in American Indian law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Environmental and Natural Resource law. It is one of only eight law schools in the country to require clinical training for all students, and home to more than twenty different clinical opportunities, including the first American Indian law clinic in the nation.
Points of Pride
- The School’s student competition teams continue to shine on the national stage, with last year's National Moot Court Team placing second in the regional competition and finishing in the top sixteen nationally.
- Alumni have served as the deans of law schools at USC, Duke, South Jersey and New York University, as well as justices of the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, federal district courts and the Montana Supreme Court. They also have been governors and attorneys general of Montana, members of Congress, Clerk of the United States Supreme Court and President of the American Bar Association.
UM Foundation Support
- In 2015, Alexander 'Zander' and Andrea 'Andy' Blewett donated $10 million to create an endowed chair in consumer law and protection with endowed programmatic support in that area, provide $1.5 million for the Access to Legal Education Scholarship Fund and create an endowed discretionary fund for general law school support.
- Law students received more than $201,000 in scholarships during fiscal year 2012.
- The graduating class of 2012 continued the Third-Year Class Gift Campaign, which received contributions from over 70% of the class.
- In 2011, the School launched its Centennial Scholarship Initiative, aimed at increasing support to students.
- In 2009 the School started classes in a state-of-the-art remodeled and expanded building, thanks to generous gifts from hundreds of alumni and friends.
To make a gift to the Alexander Blewett III School of Law today, please complete the form below.
To find out how to support the Alexander Blewett III School of Law, contact John Mudd, Director of Development and Alumni Relations.